The project report must be written in English using LaTeX. The following template files can be used as a starting point. The report should be around 15 pages (including cover and references) and has to be submitted by email to your supervisor along with your presentation and relevant project files.
The relevant project files should be sent in a zip archive and include:
- Source code of your report (LaTeX, EPS, GIF, etc)
- Source code of your presentation (LaTeX, PPT, etc)
- Source code of your implementation or a link to the repository with the code if it is accessible.
The title page has to include the following information:
- Name and affiliation of the student(s).
- Name of the supervisor.
- Name of the responsible (Prof. Bryan Ford).
- Title of your project.
- Type of project (Semester Project, Diploma Work, Graduate School Project, Internship).
- EPFL logo and lab name (DEDIS).
The content of the report should ideally cover the following topics:
- Introduction of the subject and the problem.
- Goals of the project and motivation.
- Corresponding background.
- Step-by-step description of your design/implementation/evaluation/analysis.
- Theoretical and practical limitations of the project and its implementation.
- Evaluation of the results and comparison with other approaches if applicable.
- Future work.
- Step-by-step guide for installation, including dependencies, and running of the final product.
Schedule for Spring 2019
- Dates of Spring 2019 semester: 18.02.2019 – 31.05.2019
- Delivery of the report to the lab: 07.06.2019
- Oral defence: within 10 days of the hand-in date
- Grades to be given to the Registrar’s office (SAC): 21.06.2019